Goals and Objectives
- To promote and facilitate interest and research in genealogy and family history to present members, to the genealogical hobbyist and to all members of the public who may be interested in genealogy and/or family history.
- To promote general understanding of Genealogy and its value, to understand and maintain professional status and dignity for genealogists amongst members of the Genealogical Society of South Africa and the general public.
- To encourage the observance of the highest standards of research by members of the Society.
- To provide a wide range of educational courses, research programmes and services for the general benefit of GSSA branches and members, as well as any other service or assistance as may from time to time be decided upon by the National Council of the GSSA.
- To encourage and develop links with Family History Societies.
- To establish and maintain contact with like minded Societies throughout the world.
- To establish a certification program to promote the reliability, professionalism and integrity of all South African Genealogists and Record Researchers.
- To assist in the preservation of all genealogical records and memorabilia.